Frank, that means that PT in Windows will work with ZoomText?  I have
PT on a Mac and haven't had a chance to try this yet, but am curious
about it, and whether they are fully compatible or if there are some
conflicts of commands.

Jake, your questions are great, but I'm also a beginner at
investigating how well Voiceover works and what's lacking there that a
control surface can provide.

I'm a sighted professional engineer at a non-profit studio, where
we've been working for years with visually-impaired or non-sighted
users on Sonar with Jaws, and I'm now trying to work out the issues
with ProTools, which is our main recording platform.  We don't
currently have a control surface but I'm also looking at the options
for what we could use.

thanks all,  Tom