I am not sure was version 8 even accessible?

Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "soundog" <stiles....@gmail.com>
To: "Pro Tools Accessibility" <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: Would like an opinion on this computer

Yes Jake, I was looking at the 003 interface as an option for you
also.  I'd go with the 003 Factory though...  echoing Frank's
suggestion about starting simple, I think you're throwing $700 away
with 003 Complete and you haven't even started learning the software
yet.....Also t's not even the current version of the software so
you're going to want to upgrade at some point to PT9.   Unfortunately,
I haven't found a vendor who's selling a Digi003 bundled with ProTools
9, just with version 8.

You don't want a solid state drive for your audio recording drive, not
allowed for ProTools.  You can get that solid state drive for your
internal program drive if you like.....  For your projects get an
external Firewire drive with an Oxford chipset in it, as detailed on
the Avid recommended hard drives page....

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=380567

I also support Frank's other suggestions for the computer.... and I'm
copying this to your email.

regards, Tom