To create a new track, press command shift n, then set your
parameters. It's the first 3 that'll interest you, the number of
tracks, mono or stereo, and type, all the rest is somewhat
serperfluous.

Remember also, if you're creating an audio track, which will contain
something like a vocal, or guitar, which you're DIing, you want to set
it to mono, even though the final result will be stereo. This is
because the signal is mono. Any fx you want to be stereo, you'll need
to put on an aux track, at least this is the way I understand it, and
it's what I do, and it works great.

Any instrument tracks etc, want to be stereo.

HTH,

--
Take care,

Chris Norman.