Actually if you did a cross-grade you get some dmg files. I think the
upgrade thingy is in there somewhere. Right?

-----Original Message-----
From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Slau Halatyn
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:52 AM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Found PT 9.05

The upgrade from version 8 to version 9 is a paid upgrade so, at a certain
point, you should've received a dVD if you bought an upgrade to Pro Tools
version 9.

Best,

Slau

On Oct 9, 2011, at 1:46 PM, Jürgen Fleger wrote:

> Hi Slau,
>
> no, unfortunately it is the DVD for PT 8.04 and so I'm wondering wether
it's possible to install that version on my machine and run the software
updater. Do you know that?

> Thanks and
> all the best
> Jürgen
> Am 09.10.2011 um 18:53 schrieb Slau Halatyn:
>
>> Hey Jürgen
>>
>> You have the dVD for Pro Tools 9, right? Simply install from the dVD and
run the Software Updater application from the Pro Tools folder. It's a piece
of cake. If you never had the DVD (although I'm not sure how that would be
possible), copy your digidesign folder from any TimeMachine or
CarbonCopyCloner backup. I'm assuming you have backups of your system
somewhere?