Hi Brian,
Does Avid now support SSD?
Talk soon

On Oct 22, 2011, at 4:34 PM, Brian Casey wrote:

Could you put an SSD as one of the drives...I assume they don't have heating issues as they don't have moving parts...although, again, I don't know much abou these things so I could be completely wrong there!

Brian.

From: "Nickus de Vos" <bigboy...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:23 PM
To: "Pro Tools Accessibility" <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Ideal mac for recording/editing/mixing

Wow sounds cool but does the MBP motherboard do fine with the 2 hard
drives?

Kevin Reeves wrote:
You can still have 2 hard drives with the macbook. OWC sells this device called the Data doubler. It's a mounting bracket that fits in the Macbook Pro in place of the optical drive. This lets you add a second hd in the machine. As far as the optical drive you just pulled out, you can then mount it into an external drive enclosure designed for laptop dvd drives. Then, you've got your 2 hd's and your dvd drive as an external when you need it.

Chuck Reichel
954-742-0019
www.SoundPictureRecording.com