Hi Stefan,
I strongly recommend that you work with the Pro Tools Templates until you get
your Avid legs firmly beneath you! :)
As for the " remove an audio suite plugin from a session" Just select no insert
from the contextual menu,  for the insert you want to get rid of and that will
clear it.

YMMV

CHUCK REICHEL
954-742-0019