I'm using a MacBook Pro 15" for all my recording, in fact, I'm using
BootCamp from the same machine now to write you this email, so in
short, they're awesome machines.

As possibly one of the newest members to this list, I didn't find the
very basics of Pro Tools too hard to get into. Alls I had were Kevin's
podcasts, which I still refer too quite a lot, so once again, cheers
Kevin, and the lovely people on this list putting up with my main
disability, cronic stupidity LOL.

So yeah, Pro Tools is great, OS X is great, VoiceOver's great, and
Kevin's podcasts are great. If you feel you want a little more help
when you get your mac etc, I don't mind talking to you on Skype, and
sharing the little I know as a new PT user.

As for textual documentation, I considered writing something like
this, and I might yet, but so far as I know, we've only got the
podcasts out there thus far.

HTH, and I'm sure you're going to have a great time with PT!

--
Take care,

Chris Norman.

<!-- chris.norm...@googlemail.com -->