I understand, this isn't exactly per sey related to PT, but seeing I got this unit with my PT, I figured one of you people may know if this is normal. This like way in the days has nothing to do with me not knowing how to work my interface over working the DAW. I'm getting a pretty good handle actually on the interface itself, but I am noticing one sort of bizarre thing. Maybe it's just I'm not used to interfacing like this one, but here's the deal.

whether it be my mike, or my keyboard, on any of the inputs on the C400, I visually have just enough vision to see that the meters definitely are rising and falling as I play, and they are not in the red. I'm peeking right about at the yellow mark. The issue however is this, and no it's not a clipping issue, don't worry. Not even cloce! We're not getting burnt out on that again. Don't worry.

Basically, no matter how high I turn the gain, I cannot hear any sound out either of my two sets of line outs. I neither can hear anything out my earphones. The master volume is about half way up, at the 12:00 position, and my earphone volume has literally been turned all the way up, yet I still hear nothing. Now obviously, I turned the headphone volume back to null. I'm not stupid. LOL! As sinsitive as my ears are, more so than an average person, believe me, the first thing in anything now is, please, please please, don't blow me out. It's pretty bad, believe me. Anyway, I don't get it! If I set my output audio source on my mac to the C400, I definitely get sound through the line outs and the headphoens, and the level is absolutely gorgeous! Clear as a bell!

Now, if I go into PT, and I create an audio track, then I go to the record enable button, and vo+space on it to arm it, then! try to get audio from the keyboard or my mike, it bellows through just fine! Is that? supposed to be happening? The way this interface works, am I supposed to only get sound from the input monitor in the saoftware daw?

In other words, can this not be used as a stand alone mixer with no DAW running on an armed track? Do I have to always have a track armed before it'll let me hear anything from my quarter inchg inputs or my xlr mike inputs? Even with padding turned off on the channels, I can't hear it unless a track is record enabled. Yes, I am sure that the input selecter button is set correctly to either rear or front. Again it's not an issue of having that set wrong, as I hear it fine once in PT I enable the track for recording.

I have both outputs A and B turned on on my two output selecter buttons. and as for my mike, yes, the 48V phantom power definitely is on.

If this is normal, that's fine, I just wanted to check and see and be sure there wasn't something unobvious I'm missing. Before you say, did you read the manual that came on the dvd with your Fast Track unit? Yes, I did. I read it cover to cover about 3 times. It states nothing about this issue.