Well i selected everything on the track i wanted  did command+h for
heal, which appearantly did something since before i did it the option
to  heal clips is available on the edit menu, and after i do it the
option to heal clips is grayed out. Capture region is  grayed out the
entire time. I do hit space to make sure waht i want is still selected
but no i have not scrubbed as I am doing the edits on my macbook air
with a usb keyboard and not hooked up to the iMac that has the control
surface plugged in. Is there a keyboard shortcut for  scrubbing? Is
this required to get the export region to work?