  From: Slau Halatyn
  To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:43 AM
  Subject: Re: Problem with deleting selections

  Just two things of which to be absolutely certain at the outset:
  1. Is the track you're wanting to edit selected? and
  2. Is the edit and timeline selection linked as well as edit selection
following track selection under the Options menu?

  If so, pressing down arrow for the start point and up arrow for the end point
will make a selection in that track. Pressing the delete key or cutting will
remove that section of the waveform in the timeline. If your edit insertion is
set to follow playback, you won't gear the result because your playback
position would be before the edit. Second, if the edit mode is Shuffle, the
audio will have shifted forward and it might not be apparent that something was
removed because it might sound seamless. In slip mode, all regions will remain
stationary unless purposely nudged after the fact.

  Hope that helps,

  Slau