Well, remember it is like eating an eliphant, it's one bite at a time. If you sold it you would still have the itch so just put that notion aside. Take it step by step and give the list one question at a time. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Krister Ekstrom" <kris...@kristersplace.com>
To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: Pro tools anxiety

Hi there.
I'm new to Pro tools, i come from a background of amateur type recording stuff. I have used old cassette porta studios like the Tascam 244 and later digital porta studios like the Roland Vs1680 which was the last really advanced piece of gear that i actually got music out of, even though it was full of pitfalls. I've tried, without fully understanding it the various variations of Sonar and Cakewalk when i was on Windows. That's my background when it comes to recording, so i should be at least a bit experienced, i would think, but many things are quite new concepts to me, and as i get older i grow more afraid of trying new things. I would like to master all of this, but i'm afraid in my darkest moments that it's going to be like with my Zoom R24, that because of menus, settings and other stuff on my gear, i won't be able to use it as intended. Maybe i think, i shouldn't be using this at all, but rather sell it and be done with it. I don't want to, but if i can't use it... What i fear the most now is my midi keyboard i bought, an Akai MPK61, which apparently has lots of menus and stuff, but i wanted it because of its drum pads.
Well that's how it stands.
/Krister