I'm sorry, as I said, I was just trying to help.  Give me a break!

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Smart" <csma...@cogeco.ca>
To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: I can confirm Chris's meter problem.

Dude, I was kidding. Moving the decimal one place to the left or right is very basic!

At 02:37 PM 7/11/2014, you wrote:
I admit, Chris, it was a little confusing at first when I heard his explination. Basically, I am not sure if you were being sarcastic about math being difficult, or if you were serious. I'm gonna assume the ladder.

So, look at t it this way... Let's say you have a double digit decimal DB value. Let's use 12 just for example. So, forget for a minute it being negative, or positive. Don't worry about that. Just for now look from the bigger picture. Take the number 12, in general. 12 could also be written as 12.0.

So, 12.0 is no different than 12. Only thing is, with 12.0, we now have a decimal place. So just move that decimal one place to the left. So instead of 12, you now have 1.2. So think of it this way, and this is what really helped me grasp it. The decimal needs to be in between the two digits. So, say you needed -16DB. That's kind of low, but just humor me here. So, what makes up 16? 1, and 6, right? 16's written as 1 6. So, put a decimal between those two digits. So, -16DB on the PT 11 meters would equal -1.6DB. Hopefully, that makes sense.