To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 2:22 PM
Subject: RE: Heads-up with plugins

Hello Christopher, I think that presets can be a good starting point, but you really want to know how the plugs work or the presets can become a crutch. I only tell you this from experience, not as a criticism. It wasn't until the last few years that I really started to dial in software parameters and now I can see that my mixes have grown substantially. I look back at stuff I recorded 8 years ago and can hear how I threw away some songs because I had depended on presets too much.