dear Kevin.
The delete instrument function would be very important as well. Each time you load a new instrument, it will load in a subsequent channel, and not araise the current channel. So if you want to try different sounds on Channel one, you need to delete what ever is loaded in there first.
Hope keyboard Maestro will work, I'm concerned as well smile.
Best,
JPR

http://www.jprykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet