Cameron, I'd tend to agree with Ricky here, as Logic's built-in sounds beat the
pants off most hardware stuff on the market. That said though, I feel your pain
where hardware keyboards go. I still have a K2600 and can use KDR with it, but
having fully converted to the Mac and discovered how much easier PT is than
Sonar, have embraced it, all my K2600 is good for now are orchestral voices
which are still absolutely killer! For a modern solution, consider the Yamaha
MOXF8. It's the Motif minus the sampler and sequencer, and if you can do some
memorization, you can get around the interface. Other than that, the stage
piano/module combo works, although you said you didn't want to go that route.
Hope that help