Hi Tim,

Hopefully, you'll understand how difficult it is to give step-by-step
instructions because there's no way I can know what your starting point is.
However, I'll try to explain exactly what I would do myself if I were
experiencing problems.

1. I'd make sure no other applications are running except Pro Tools.
2. I would close all windows except for the Mix and Edit windows and I would
keep the Edit window as the foremost window.
3. I'd press Control-Option-f2 twice in a row to open the window chooser menu
and make sure that there are no other windows like system dialogs open.
4. I'd enter the approximate bar/beat location where I want to edit by using
the numeric keypad.
5. I'd press Option-= (equals) to open the MIDI Event List.
6. I'd use voiceOver to navigate to the value I want to change.
7. I'd click once on that event to select it.
8. I'd press Command-h to make sure the event is focused visibly in the MIDI
Event List window.
9. I'd navigate to the field I want to change.
10. I'd simply use Control-Option-Shift along with the Space Bar twice to
double-click the field.
11. I'd type in the value I want and I'd press Return on the qwerty keyboard.

If I've ever had any issue whatsoever, following the steps above would always
result in success. Once you follow the initial steps, you don't have to repeat
them. Just navigate, select and, if you've moved through a significant number
of events (like 30 or 40), it's a good idea to use the Command-h shortcut to
scroll that event into view once you've selected that event.
Hopefully that helps,
Slau