Hi Tim,
The only way to do that by directly typing is to double-click on the control.
Since VoiceOver doesn’t see the controls but rather their parameters, the only
option is to create Keyboard Maestro macros for the respective plug-ins. This
is something we’re considering for Flo Tools but it’s something you’d have to
do yourself for now. The subject is beyond the scope of what I can explain here.
Slau