  From: Slau Halatyn
  To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 1:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Changing key signature, how, and is it nesessary?

  Chris,

  If you don’t already have the mouse movement macros I created, import them
into Keyboard Maestro. Here’s the file to import:

  Download it and double-click it. The macros will show up in your Global macro
group.
  Use Control+Command+Shift-up, down, left and right arrows to move the mouse
pointer by one tenth of an inch in the given direction. Most of us simply use
the word “clicks” when talking about moving the mouse pointer a number of times
in any given direction. That is, 5 clicks down and three clicks to the right,
etc. when moving by tenths of an inch each time. Now, follow the directions
below to change key signatures in Pro tools. The only reason for doing this is
if you want the note names to follow the proper spelling or if you’re exporting
to a MIDI file and want the key signatures to be correct in the file.

  Key Change procedure for Keyboard Maestro and adding key changes In Pro Tools:

  Open the Key Change dialog and route mouse pointer to either Sharps or flats
column.
  Move 5 clicks down to start on C.
  Move four clicks down for each subsequent key. Perform a mouse click at that
location to select the key.

  Sharp column is:
  F sharp
  C sharp

  Flats column is:
  B flat
  E flat
  A flat
  D flat
  G flat
  C flat

    On Oct 16, 2016, at 12:35 PM, Christopher-Mark Gilland