Hi Steve,

In the edit window, use the Track View pop-up to change the view from Waveform
to any of the automation parameters that might be present in the track. Use
standard keystrokes to select sections or all of the contents of the track to
delete. No audio will be deleted, only the displayed automation parameter.
Remember to switch back to waveform when you want to work with audio editing.
HTH,
slau