Hi Katie,
The Dock runs around $1,200 and includes transport and scrub wheel in addition
to some dedicated buttons. I'm not sure if an iPad is absolutely required. I'd
imagine that it greatly increases the functionality but I can't imagine it
would be a prerequisite. I could be wrong. Sean has the S3 so I'm sure he can
chime in.
Slau

> On Feb 21, 2017, at 11:44 PM, Katie Zodrow <kzodrow...@att.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Ronald. I didn’t realize the Artist Transport was discontinued until I
> read your message. I just went on the Avid website today and just saw that as
> well on their end of life and support products page. Yep, they stopped
> selling the Transport since January last year.
>
> I am still trying to figure out what the best option is for a control surface
> for my ProTools system. I was hoping to get the Avid S3 and use this along
> with the Artist Transport. Since this has been discontinued for a year now,
> what other options are available? I haven’t looked at the Avid S3, but is
> there anything else you can use for editing and transport controls with that
> control surface? I will be doing some editing and mixing projects in mono,
> stereo and 5.1 surround.
>
> Slau, I know you said Avid would be releasing the iPad Doc to use with
> ProTools and the S3. What is the Doc and do you absolutely need an iPad or
> not for this? Hopefully this is accessible with Voiceover.
> Let me know if any of you guys have used the Avid S3 or the iPad Doc before
> and if this is a good option.
> Thanks.
> Katie
>> On Feb 17, 2017, at 1:04 PM, Ronald van Rhijn <pa...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> The Artist Transport is out of production for about a year now. Same goes
>> for the Artist Control. So you would be lucky if you still can find one.
>> Over here in Holland none is to be found anymore.
>> Tehre were some rumours new products were coming, but nothing has been
>> announced at namm.
>> Ronald
>>
>>> Op 16 feb. 2017, om 16:42 heeft Slau Halatyn <slauhala...@gmail.com> het
>>> volgende geschreven:
>>>
>>> Hi Martin,
>>>
>>> Congratulations. I'm envious and I think you'll love it. Sean also has the
>>> S3. If I were buying a new surface today, that's undoubtedly the one I'd