Hi Samuel

Can you press command+slash which is next to the period on English
keyboard, and see if Voiceover says mouse on or mouse off? If it doesn't
work, most likely Flo Tools is not installed correctly.

Also if you're not using US English keyboard layout, you should change
in the system preference > Keyboard > Input Sources.

Chi