Actually, the one benefit of having a fusion drive is that you have two ports
to connect SSD drives. The fusion Drive uses a SATA port for the spinning drive
and a PCIE slot for the SSD portion of the drive. You could swap both of those
drives out to make the machine have two internal independent SSDs. It's a sweet
set up!
If you have an old Mac Mini with a fusion drive, it would be a great machine to
upgrade.

HTH,
Vinny
Email: vinnypedu...@gmail.com