From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
TheOreoMonster
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 4:53 PM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Apogee Black Friday sale

Think you are confusing your brands there. The Apogee elements do not have any
knobs or buttons on them. So you would have to use the iOS app, (free) or get
the apogee element control,  a  USB controller for the element interface ($199)
or use Logic where it can be controlled from the channel strip as well. The
Clarett would require the iOS app the exception being the Clarett 8PreX. The
8PreX has enough buttons and knobs on it that you won’t need the iOS app as
much. The Satellite is for the UAD  system..UAD plug ins run off their DSP
chips instead of using your computer’s CPU. This is why you have to have a UAD
Apollo, (their line of audio interfaces which also have some of their DSP on
board) or a UAD satellite card (just a card with DSP power to run their plug
ins only and has no I/O like an audio interface would.). In order to use their
plug ins.  The Apollo mixer is not accessible which Is why I had suggested if
someone  wants to use UAD plug ins just get one of their satellite cards and
get a different interface like  one of the apogee element series. Thats
probably where your confusion came in that you need satellite card to use one
of the Apogee elements. Hope this clears everything up.