You can certainly  use the windows keyboard, the command and options
keys will be reversed, but otherwise there is no really bad
consequence.  I think the tutorials are still OK for beginners, some
things have changed, but to start out they seem fine to me.

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 15:17:06 -0500,
Rory McDonald wrote:

> Hey all! I got pro tools as a christmas present! I don't have it yet, but its
> coming in a few days, the ilock. I will get the software online. However, I
> do not yet have a full size mac keyboard, so do not have a num pad. I have my
> pc keyboard for my desktop, but that, i imagine, wouldn't work as its ment
> for windows. Is there simple things I can do when just starting out that
> don't require a num pad? Keep in mind also that I know basically nothing
> about how to use pro tools, and am still debating whether to buy the pro
> tools with speech tutorials as i've heard they are no longer worth it for
> learning since so much has changed. Are they something I should buy? Or is
> there too many changes to bother? I imagine they'll still be good for
> beginners right?

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una