Hi JPR, just a specific comment to audio and MIDI, Pro Tools, by all accounts,
is superior for audio editing and that has nothing to do with being a blind
user or not but it just so happens that virtually everything related to editing
can be done via the qwerty keyboard and that's a major advantage. Further, the
new audio comping shortcuts in Pro Tools are off the hook easy and fast. Also,
what Flo Tools started to offer in the way of on-the-fly editing of MIDI is now
not only part of Pro Tools itself but it's even better since it also involves
keyboard shortcuts built in to Pro Tools. What Flo Tools still offers is the
automatic reporting of parameters of selected MIDI notes on the fly which is
enormously helpful and efficient since all of this can take place right in the
Mix or Edit windows. Editing non-musical data like controller values and such
still has to be done in the MIDI Event list to a large degree and is not as
quick as note editing but that's essentially true for any dAW. That said, it's
possible to edit all kinds of data right in the edit window in specific views
for the data in question but it's surely more appropriate for cut, copy and
paste-type editing rather than granular editing.
Best,
Slau