Hi Peter,
I'm responding to this on the PTAccess list because it can often be of help to
other users when they see these issues and how potentially to resolve them.
Regarding the clips in the clips List, as you know, VoiceOver notoriously sees
things beyond the visible boundaries of windows and tables. what's probably
happening is that VoiceOver is focused on an item that is outside of the actual
list. What you need to do is search for the file name you want to import. That
will narrow down the list and essentially guarantee that the list only contains
a handful of files. As far as dragging to the insertion, the Pro Tools command
that is being issued by Flo Tools is a Control-drag which is exactly the
command to drag to the insertion point. I can't see how it's possible that the
file is not ending up at the insertion point unless Timeline and Edit somehow
became unlinked or something having to do with the insertion not actually being
seen. Again, that whole edit window scrolling thing needs to be checked
whenever you're planning on doing any dragging. For what it's worth (although
this probably technically doesn't quite matter), you might want to check to see
if the Grabber Tool is selected when doing things like dragging.

Regarding the conforming of audio to session tempo, take a look in the
Preferences dialog under the Processing tab, specifically the Import and
elastic clusters. It would be easier to demo this on WhatsApp but go through
those options and make sure things make sense like not automatically converting
files upon import or dragging from desktop, etc. Perhaps that might help if
you've found some degree of success with dragging from a workspace.
Hope that helps and get well soon,
Slau