Hi Alex,
The only way other tracks can get quantized while only one track is selected is
if your track selection has somehow been decoupled from your edit selection. If
the All group was somehow enabled while the track and edit selection became
unlinked, it could appear that there's only one track selected (and that would
be true) but there could be an insertion cursor through all of the tracks.
Double check that setting under the Options menu. Second, if you're working on
MIDI tracks, sometimes the insertion cursor inexplicably disappears from the
track's timeline even though the track remains selected. In a case like this,
regardless of whether your track and edit selection are linked, you will not be
selecting data from within the track itself. If you suspect this happened at
some point, use control+semicolon or Control+p to select a different track.
When you do this, it sort of wakes up the Pro Tools edit window into putting an
insertion cursor in the currently selected track.
HTH,
Slau