Your guitar is sending audio into your audio interface, and that audio needs to be recorded on a track.

If you want that guitar to sound like it is running through an amplifier, speaker cabinet, microphone in front of the speaker cabinet etc. you'll need an effect plugin that simulates those parts of the chain. Your electric guitar's signal, on its own, naked so-to-speak, will sound totally clean, perhaps uninspiring. That's just what your guitar sounds like, before going through any more equipment like effects or amplifiers.