Personally I do wish that PT had the same access on Windows as it does on the
Mac  for the reasons you have stated below and because I believe in having any
DAW accessible on all of the platforms where it is used.  Can't ever see that
happening though as most visually impaired users who use Pro Tools do this on
the Mac.  Have taken a look at Pro Tools on WIndows and I suspect that to make
it accessible on the Windows platform would not be a trivial task.  Having said
that I have been able to achieve some basic things in Pro Tools on Windows.