Hi John as I say i’m quite new to it.  I think the Main issue with using logic
is knowing what tracks are armed at any one time. Witch is probably fine if you
only want to record one or two tracks at a time. other logic users may have a
work around for this, but not sure.
For me I’ll continue to  use protools as my main recording daw as it’s just so
easy to get around. But having said that I can seem to get around logic for the
most part. there are loads of short cuts. I got into it mainly as I do not have
Complete control as yet, and I guess i was interested to see what it offered in
the way of software sounds. As i really only use midi for drum programming. I’m
not a keyboard player. I’m a guitarist. So thought i’d check it out.

>From the short time i’ve been using it, It does seem very easy to record midi
>work, and they software instruments are quite good yes. But native instruments
>would probably be a step up again. and I’m really enjoying mucking around with
>loops. I think the loop library in logic has about 30 thousand loops. So the
>possibilities are pretty endless if that something you are interested in.
I think at this point protools is better for editing. But i’m getting my head
around the way logic is set up for this.

If you have K K and using protools, i guess it would be questionable whether
you need logic. I’ve not got into K k as yet. but I intend too at some point
down the track. I’ve heard great things about it.

Steve