Probably not what you were thinking of re accessible drum plug in, but price
wise for what some of the drum plug ins cost you will probably be in the same
ballpark price wise. Logic is a worthwhile tool to any blind producers toolbox
as its drummer plug in is intuitive and accessible. Couple that with logic’s
built in feature for sample replacement/augmentation  with it’s own sample
library or a 3rd party library of your choosing  providing you have access to
wav files and don’t mind spending a little time mapping them out once, and you
got quite an accessible tool even if thats all you use if for and discard it as
a DAW. That being said there are scripts out there for Superior Drummer 2 (I
don’t think they were able to script 3) and I am not sure if those scripts work
on EZ Drummer or not.