Hi Dammie,
If you can't hear it distorting just "clip gain" it down 5 Db or so and call it
a day! :)
To clip gain your audio track  down select the whole track and hit;
Control shift down arrow to decrees it or up arrow to increase it.
Bang your done
Clip gain increments default to half of a Db so if you want it down 5 DB hold
control shift then hit down arrow ten times to lower the track by 5 Db.
talk soon
Chuck"God does not play dice with the universe"
"Albert Einstein’