OK, Jimmy, this is a potentially large subject area but I'll detail steps. I'm
not going to cover all of the pre-flight checks that you should have in place
because it's too lengthy. Based on what you've said already, here's exactly
what to do.
Let's assume it's only for one track for now.
Move your insertion cursor to the track on which you'd like to create the fade.
If your clip ends at bar 10, move your insertion to bar 6 and press Control+g
in the Edit window. That'll create a basic fade out.
Alternatively, instead of pressing Control+g, you can press Shift+Tab to make a
selection from bar 6 to bar 10 and then press Command+f to bring up the Fades
dialog. The mp3 details everything from there.
Let me know if you're still stuck.
Slau