This thread caught my eye so figured I'd reply to it.
Did not know that pro tools had a trimmer tool, I'll have to check that out. Is
that the kind of thing that goes on the master as well if it gets high? Or is
maxim better for that.
I've had many times where my master hits 0 db and had to turn it down, but then
the overall session gets quieter. Maybe I just need to get better at using
limiters?

Rory