Wonderful Wednesday to you all! Thanks John, Thanks Martin for your
2cents. I'm grateful for your suggestions and insights. I tried the
Pre/post roll, but to no avail. Same with the control P and control
semicolon. I've been trying the control P and control : before your
message camein Martin, but without the shuttle mode and escape. Just
before I came across your message, Martin, I looked into the Cursor
Tool Cluster menu in the Edit window and found that only Single Zoom
Mode is selected along with Link time and edit selection, so I
selected Grabber Tool Time and tried deleting again and it deleted. I
made sure the Pre/post role is off though and did the control P and
control ; again and I was then able to edit, from cutting to copying
to pasting, again. Thanks guys for your support. I'm deeply grateful
for your time and educated suggestions and insights. God bless you
all!

Best,

Dammie