Hi Brian,

The key to creating reliable Keyboard Maestro macros is to learn, as completely
and as accurately as possible, the exact behavior of the user interface you're
trying to control. For example, if there are potentially several tabs that
might be active, you'll probably need to account for that and ensure that any
given tab is active when it needs to be and inactive when you don't want it to
be. Image recognition can be used to some degree and, when it works, it's great
but, when it doesn't work, it's really not great. The developer of Keyboard
Maestro maintains that image recognition is the least reliable way to control a
UI. That's why, with Flo Tools, the scripts are relying on system objects and
the Pro Tools UI which is extremely reliable. All that said, perhaps all you
need is to consistently be able to click certain parts of a window that might
possibly bring up an accessible menu and submenu structure. If so, then
Keyboard Maestro would probably do the trick. Again, (and I can't stress this
enough) the more you know about the UI you're trying to control, the better.
Feel free to drop a line off list and we can chat about it some more.
Cheers,
Slau