I personally don’t like the touch bar. Don’t take me wrong, it’s perfectly
usable and it works well with VoiceOver, but in my case I found that I never
used it, and when I did it was mostly as function keys. If I were you I would
probably wait for a few months and get the next Macbook Pro model, which is
likely to bring the standard keyboard back, without the touch bar. Physical
function keys are important for me when using PT, and as much as I do like
using an external extended keyboard when working at home, I also want to be
able to work comfortably on the laptop itself.

Hope that helps,

Ignasi