That is definitely odd. My playback engine hasn't changed to zoom at all in the
past year and a half despite having it on my computer. Existing sessions stay
thee same and new usually go to last used. Glad you got it working though.
Haveyou used zoom with screen sharing at all in the last little while? Maybe
you set a sessions playback engine to zoom audio device then had that popup
button in the dashboard thing set to last used so it always defaulted to zoom.
Weird though if existing sessions changed.

Rory