Hello Slau!

No need for the Flo Tools listing functions here so far.

Thanks and best! / Martin

On Mar 11, 2022, at 1:12 AM, Slau Halatyn <slauhala...@gmail.com> wrote:

As we prepare the next version of Flo Tools, the Flo Tools Team is pondering a
particular set of features and wondering whether we should keep them, discard
them or just change the implementation just a bit.

There are 5 keyboard shortcuts with single and double-tap version s that list
things like Soloed tracks, muted tracks, armed tracks etc. Double-tapping lists
the unsoloed, unmuted, unarmed tracks, etc. In each case, depending on the
single or double tap, you get one or the other version of the list and can
toggle the status of the listed tracks individually. The modifier combination
includes Control+Shift along with letter keys: S for solo, M for mute, R for
record arm, K for input monitoring and L for track selection.

The next release of Pro Tools will use two keyboard shortcuts that'll conflict
with two of the Flo Tools shortcuts. Since we try to keep modifier combinations
consistent, we'd be hard pressed to come up with combinations for the included
letters that don't conflict with other Pro Tools commands.

Therefore, we're evaluating whether or not this listing feature is worth
keeping or not. Personally, I've never used this feature but some people might
feel it's indispensable for their workflow. we also don't necessarily have to
ditch the feature itself but rather transform it into a single keyboard
shortcut that would bring up one extra step where users can choose which filter
type they'd like, press that button and then be presented with the resulting
list just as they have in the past. It is an extra step but only one shortcut
to remember.

So, we're asking for feedback from Flo Tools users for the following:

Do you feel that the listing feature is something you use often? Is it
something you'd really like to continue being part of Flo Tools or are you
indifferent? Again, we could probably implement an intermediate dialog to
facilitate the feature itself in a similar way but, before we put in the time
and effort, we'd like to make sure enough people truly want it to stay.
Otherwise, we're all about streamlining if it makes sense.

Please feel free to respond here and we'll make note of general sentiment.

Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/1B0BEBC7-C0EF-4CE0-8A8A-D76EFF2882E9%40gmail.com.