Adding to this, it should give you a rather annoying system dialogue thing when
there is a new version out. Or at least, it did for me when version 9 came out.
Had a skip this version and buy button or something. So you'll probably be able
to take comfort in the fact that it'll tell you when its time to update, but if
you want to check your active version, you can do that through the menu.

Rory