Hi David,

Short answer is yes. A couple things:
If you want to use the keyboard for midi inside of Pro Tools, and use expand or
complete control or another virtual instrument, you can connect the keyboard
through USB directly to the computer or through midi to an interface which
connects to your computer, and make an instrument track in ProTools. This will
allow you to use the instrument of your choosing in ProTools and use the
keyboard to control it.
If you want to use the actual sounds from the Yamaha, then you'll need to take
an audio out from it and make an audio track in ProTools to record it to.
If you want to go the other way, and use existing midi that is in ProTools and
have the motif play it back, you will need to reassign the midi output of an
instrument track to your keyboard instead of a plug-in, or you can create a
midi track with just Mitty in and out.
Pro Tools sees all midi keyboards and devices simultaneously as inputs,
automatically. So if you have a complete control keyboard and your other
keyboard, you can use both at the same time on any track etc.  I know this is a
lot, but hope this helps

Rocco Fiorentino
www.musicbyrocco.com
(609)922-3838