In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:

> does anybody using pth 1.4.0 on HP or Sun with 64bit?
> configure and libtool are using the 32 bit compiler
> options only, so I suppose the tools are simply too
> old to recognise the 64bit ability.

Yes, that can be true. I'm currently updating to Autoconf 2.52 and
Libtool 1.4.2 for Pth 1.5. Hopefully it then has better compiler support
for you.

> I tried to get the latest sources from CVS like
> described in HACKING but I only got a permission error
> from 'cvs checkout' (can't lock directory).

My fault, yes. Pth now lives physically in the project environment of my
OSSP project. This is solved in a couple of days when I've established
Anonymous-CVS access to OSSP.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com