Yes you did miss something, but it's not your fault, heehee. Include the
pthread.h file before any other system files and that should fix the
problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Cosgrove [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 8:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: can pthread and pth coexist

On 21 October 2003 at 14:19, Steve Alstrin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you are doing this on Linux you can use the HARD system call method,
look
> at the config options, which when you link will use the pthread emulation
> api in pth threads.

I tried the pth replacement for the pthread API a couple months back
on my Mandrake 9.0 system when I was trying to build mondo & mindi
(wonderful bare-metal recovery package) which has trouble with tape
drives due to wacky pthread stuff.  I had a great deal of trouble
with conflicting header files, many layers of conflicts in fact.  Did
I miss some easy way around these conflicts?  I ended up giving up
altogether.

Thanks....

Automated List Manager (Majordomo)           [EMAIL PROTECTED]