On Mon, Sep 06, 2004, Julian Graham wrote:

>   Searched the mailing list archives, but couldn't find any mention of
> this -- is there a reason pth doesn't implement a function for
> comparing thread handles?  It seems like it would be fairly useful in
> situations where you want to check whether a particular thread is
> pth_self.  Or maybe I'm just being obtuse -- is there an easy way to
> compare two pth_ts?  Should I be giving them distinct names as part of
> the attribute struct and then just compare those names?

pth_t's a unique pointers, so you can just compare them directly.
Hence there is no pth_equal function necessary.

>   Also, it would be nice if the gnu.org/software/pth page could link
> to the mailing list archives, and additionally point out that the
> proper syntax for subscribing to the lists is 'subscribe pth-users
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'.

I've added a link to the archive, but the proper syntax is just
"subscribe pth-users". The variant with the second subscribe argument
is just required if your sender and subscriber addresses should be
different.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com