>> My program is using the pth "cond" and "mutex"
>> variables for synchronization between the threads.
>> From a low priority thread, I am calling
>> pth_cond_notify() and immediately a higher priority
>> thread (which was there in the ready queue) was getting scheduled.

        >Well, that's the purpose of 'pth_cond_notify'. It is, after all, a
        >synchronization function.

        I think in a non preemptive system, the library cannot force the
application to
yield the CPU unless the application by itself does an yield.

        Using "pth_cond_notify", a thread just wants to notify another thread
that,
an event has occurred and it doesn't mean that it should also relinquish the
CPU.
Its upto that thread whether to continue with the processing or not.

        Is there any other call in Pth which can be used for sending a
notification
to a thread, without relinquishing the CPU ?

Regards,
Vinu

Disclaimer

"This message(including attachment if any)is confidential and may be privileged.Before
opening attachments please check them
for viruses and defects.MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree)will not be
responsible for any viruses or defects or
any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.If you have
received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete
this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message
in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  Please note that e-mails are susceptible
to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete
transmission."