Hey guys, I was curious if anyone has ever attempted to compile pth on
a Palm platform.

Palm is a little limited in some respects but, I attempt to compiled it with:

CC=m68k-palmos-gcc CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/m68k-palmos/include -host
-nostartfiles " LIBS=-L=/usr/m68k-palmos/lib ./configure
--target=m68k-palmos -prefix=/src/threads/pth/pth-2.0.7/build
--enable-pthread --with-mctx-mth=sjlj --with-mctx-dsp=sjlje
--with-mctx-stk=none

and get the following in my config.log file (trying to include the log
file with this message):

configure:1671: result:
configure:1673: result: Build Tools:
configure:1724: checking for gcc
configure:1750: result: m68k-palmos-gcc
configure:1994: checking for C compiler version
configure:1997: m68k-palmos-gcc --version </dev/null >&5
2.95.3-kgpd
configure:2000: $? = 0
configure:2002: m68k-palmos-gcc -v </dev/null >&5
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/m68k-palmos/2.95.3-kgpd/specs
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/m68k-palmos/specs
gcc version 2.95.3-kgpd 20010315 (release)
configure:2005: $? = 0
configure:2007: m68k-palmos-gcc -V </dev/null >&5
m68k-palmos-gcc: argument to `-V' is missing
configure:2010: $? = 1
configure:2033: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2036: m68k-palmos-gcc  -I/usr/m68k-palmos/include --host -nostartfiles
   conftest.c -L=/usr/m68k-palmos/lib >&5
cc1: Invalid option `-fhost'
configure:2039: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:2078: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Issues are:

(1) I am using cygwin and prc-tools as my gcc toolchain, which I
believe to be based on an older version of gcc.  This may account for
the -fhost issue.   I haven't gotten up enough nerve yet to try
creating a cross compiler from source yet on Palm.
(2) I think the error here has to do with one of the test compiles.
With Palm you don't have a traditional "main()" function like normal C
(you need a SioMain() for Standard IO main.  How can I make an
alternative to handle this?  Maybe include something additional in
configure option?  Modify makefile to account for this in some way?
(3) With Palm development working with shared libraries, you have to
add 4 functions (xxxLibOpen, xxxLibClose, xxxLibSleep, AND xxxLibWake)
that Palm requires in a shared library.  Where would be the best place
to add these with minimal effect to existing code?  Should I make a
new Palm related files to capture these and reference existing pth
methods?  Are there already existing similar functions that I could
already use here with maybe a #define or wrapper function?

Any ideas?
--
Eric Bresie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]