Hi,

I just stumbled upon GNU Pth...

I'm currently using makecontext and friends to implement a custom
user-space cooperative scheduler which is to be used for modeling
parallelism. Making and switching between contexts is enough for me, I
really don't need any wrapping to blocking system calls, signals and
etc.

My problem is that makecontext is obsolete. This is partly because C99
obsoletes empty parentheses function declarations like void (*)(), and
partly because ISO C standard committee is too lazy to amend it.
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/makecontext.html

Adding to that, I also doubt makecontext and friends aren't widely
(correctly) implemented anyway.

Basically I think pth_uctx_{create|make|switch|destroy} is all I would
need from Pth. The question is, if I don't mind about all the bells
and whistles of wrapping signals and system calls etc, should I use
Pth instead of makecontext and friends or it isn't worth it?

Thanks!
-- Giovanni