Hmm, my brain must have melted.  ptII/doc/domainCompatibility.htm has
a link to PNPNtest1.xml, but that file is not in the tree.

I'm not sure what happened.

_Christopher

--------

    Christopher,

    I do not see ptolemy/domains/test/auto/PNPNtest1.xml in the CVS head.

    As for the use of the sleep actor... I don't believe it relates to
    that.  If you remove the sleep actor, you can get the same result
    sometimes.  The reason i say sometimes is because it varies depending on
    when the threads are run.

    I believe the issue is that the executive director does not know the
    correct status of the composite actor.  If you listening to the director
    (this may require putting a sleep actor in the top level workflow), it
    can be noticed that:
    1) The director sees the composite actor as blocked (even though it is
    running)
    2) The exception is thrown immediately after the top level workflow
    completes.

    An interesting note is that i can receive the correct output when i use
    a sleep actor to keep the top level workflow running.  Despite this, the
    exception is still thrown.  I suspect the exception is actually a
    different problem.  The exception looks like it is the result of the
    opaque composite actor still running while the top workflow is trying to
    stop.

    Nick

    On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 13:41, Christopher Brooks wrote:
    > Hi Nick,
    > I can replicate this in the current devel head.
    > I checked it in as $PTII/ptolemy/domains/pn/test/PNPNSleep.xml
    > However, the nightly build is not running it because it hangs.
    >
    > I suspect that part of the problem is that the Sleep actor also uses
    > Threads.
    >
    > See ptolemy/domains/test/auto/PNPNtest1.xml for an example of PN
    > inside PN that works.
    >
    > I'll see if I can make some progress on the problem you point out.
    > One issue is that it seems like the UI is not very active after
    > I see two exceptions.
    >

    > _Christopher
    >
    > --------
    >
    >     Hello,
    >
    >     I have been recently trying to nest a composite actor that contains a
    PN

--------