Hi Cedric,

To do this, you would need to modify the source code in
ptolemy/plot/PlotBox.java.  Look especially in _drawPlot()
for places where _xExp is set and used:

For example, you might try changing:

        // Use the exponent only if it's larger than 1 in magnitude.
        if ((_xExp > 1) || (_xExp < -1)) {
            double xs = 1.0 / Math.pow(10.0, (double) _xExp);
            _xtickMin = _xMin * xs;
            _xtickMax = _xMax * xs;
        } else {
            _xtickMin = _xMin;
            _xtickMax = _xMax;
            _xExp = 0;
        }
           // Use the exponent only if it's larger than 1 in magnitude.
//         if ((_xExp > 1) || (_xExp < -1)) {
//             double xs = 1.0 / Math.pow(10.0, (double) _xExp);
//             _xtickMin = _xMin * xs;
//             _xtickMax = _xMax * xs;
//         } else {
            _xtickMin = _xMin;
            _xtickMax = _xMax;
            _xExp = 0;
//        }

I'm not sure if this will do what you want or not, but it
is where I would start.

You would need to do something similar for yExp.

_Christopher
--------

    Hello NG!

    I really like the java ptolemy plot library.
    There is also auto labelling of the y axis.
    And here is my problem: if the plot zooms
    in our out, then sometimes there
    appear a small x10 on the top, indicating
    the exponent of the labels.
    Is it possible to define, when the x10 appears? Sometimes it appears
    even if the y labels are values of 100 (so "1" for labeltext,and "10^2"
    for exponent ). The reason: I would like to have a fixed label width.

    In gnuplot, there is a command called "set format".

    Any ideas?

    Of course, I could rewrite the auto label thing, but thats the
    complicated way..

    greetings,
    cedric buerfent
--------