Hi Eva,

At this time, no one is actively developing Viptos, so we are not
working on porting to tinyos-2.x.  Viptos probably under Ptolemy II
7.0.1, though I have not tested it.  If you, or anyone else, is
interested in updating Viptos to tinyos-2.x, then the Viptos sources
are available.

_Christopher

--------

    Hello Christopher,

    I would kindly like to ask if there is a plan of producing a new VIPTOS
    version to match either ptolemy 7 or tinyos-2.x (or both).

    Well, I took some time off trying to run VIPTOS on ptolemy 7. My ptinyos wo
   rks
    just fine, my cvs tinyos-1.x installation seems to work much better than th
    one of the source compilation... so I stopped for a while to see what happe
   ns.

    I am really very interested in ptolemy and VIPTOS. They seem to be powerful
    tools. Gongratulations on your work.

    In conclusion, I will be very glad if I hear some day an announcement about
    VIPTOS next version.

    Thank you very much for your support so far,

    Eva Kolega
    PHd student
    National Technical University of Athens, Greece

    Christopher Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

    > Hi Eva,
    > In Ptolemy, when you have a stack trace, you can easily grab the
    > contents of the error message by doing the following:
    >
    > 1) Click on the "Display Stack Trace" button
    > 2) Use the mouse to highlight the text by clicking the left
    > button and dragging the mouse
    > 3) Type Control-C to copy the text
    > 4) Paste the stack trace into an email message.
    >
    > The JPG you sent reads:
    > --start--
    > Running "make -C
    > /usr/local/src/ptII7.0.1/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos/demo/SendAndReceiveCnt/o
   utput
    > -f _SendAndReceiveCnt_InWireless_CntToLedsAndRfm_CntToLedsAndRfm.0.mk
    > ptII" returned '2' which is a nonzero value
    > Output:
    > make: Entering directory
    > '/usr/local/src/ptII7.0.1/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos/demo/SendAndReceiveCnt/
   outpu;
    > mkdir -p build/ptII
    >   compiling _SendAndRec...
    > --end--
    >
    > Error code 2 usually means that when make ran a subcommand, the
    > subcommand returned a 2, which /usr/include/sys/errno.h defines as "No
    > such file or directory".  I've also seen this error when Ptolemy
    > cannot find the make executable, though this usually happens under
    > Windows, not Linux.
    >
    > The way to debug the above is to try running the make program by hand
    > with the arguments from the error message and then determine exactly
    > from where the error code 2.
    >
    > Also, make sure that step 12 of the installation notes:

    http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII6.0/ptII/ptolemy/domains/pti
   nyos/doc/installation.htm

    > works
    >
    > --start--
    > 12. See if you have installed TinyOS 1.x and nesC correctly:
    >
    > cd $TOSROOT/apps/Blink
    > make pc
    > ./build/pc/main.exe 1
    >

    > The Blink application should successfully compile. When running the
    > executable, you should see TOSSIM output. See
    > $TOSROOT/doc/tutorial/lesson5.html or the online version of tutorial
    > lesson 5 for more information.
    > --end--
    >
    > Also, you might try using Ptolemy II 6.0 instead of 7.0.  I have not
    > tried Viptos with Ptolemy II 7.0.
    >
    > Getting TinyOS to work with Ptolemy is tricky, I suggest using exactly
    > the versions of the software that we document as working on the
    > installation page, which is Ptolemy II 6.0, not 7.0.1.  For example,
    > instead of downloading tinyos-1.x from CVS, try.
    > http://ptolemy.berkeley.edu/viptos/viptos1.0/tinyos-1.x-2007-01-17.zip
    >
    > You might also try installing Viptos under Windows by following the
    > instructions at

    http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII6.0/ptII/ptolemy/domains/pti
   nyos/doc/installViptosUnderCygwin.htm

    > _Christopher
    > --------
    >
    >     Hello everybody once again.
    >
    >     I 've managed to run viptos up to a point (without errors that is).
    >     However, when I run a demo I get the attached error.
    >
    >     I installed tinyos-1.x from the cvs, then I created the MoML librarie
    >     corresponding to the Dec 2005 TinyOS RPM release.
    >
    >     After that, I created momlapp which contains the MoML applications.
    >
    >     I set the relevant env variables for PTII, TOSROOT, TOSDIR, PTINYOS_M
   OMLROO